Wednesday 21 November 2012

Chupa Chups up Close

Hiya Everyone, I'm back again and it's been a nice quick turnaround.  One of my best sellers this year at the Albany Agricultural Show was Chupa Chups.  I'm sure lots of you have seen samples out and about in blog land.  Some of the ones I came across were Tanya Bell and Theresa (Tess) Shirmer) aren't they just gorgeous.  I CASED the general idea from these ladies and added my own creative twist.



As you can see I've used the Fun Flowers Die to cut out my flowers, I've then Embossed them using the Elegant Lines Embossing Folder and then sponged the edge for extra dimension.  I've tied some retired ribbon, Striped Wild Wasabi and Certainly Celery Grosgrain to make the leaves and hold the petals up to the chupa chups.

The "vase" I've made by adhereing two Fancy Favour boxes together and adding a belly band of Daffodil Delight card stock, Summer Smooches DSP and Rich Razzleberry Taffeta... mmm just describing it makes me drool.  I've filled the boxes with florest foam and poked straws of varying heights into the foam and then added the Chupa Chups 

I wanted the combination to be bold and bright so I used mainly the brights collection colours and a few in colours thrown in.  Many chupa chups were consumed in the making of this display... lol more than I have eaten in years, I even found the new Magic - Sherbert filled Chupa Chups yummo!!! 

Project Recipe:
Ink:  Brights Collection, In Colours
Card: Brights, In Colours, Summer Smooches DSP
Big Shot etc: Fun Flowers Die, Elegant Lines Embossing Folder
Accessories:  Sponge Daubers, Retired Tool Kit (for anywhere hole punch and mat), Retired Wild Wasabi Striped Ribbon, Retired Certainly Celery 5/8" Grosgrain, Retired Rich Razzleberry Taffeta

No comments:

Post a Comment