Thursday 27 September 2012

Snowflake Wonder

I'm back again as promised with one of the projects we made at the Catalogue Launch.  It's no surprise here that we don't get snow at Christmas here in Australia.  I think that's why I'm so drawn to snowflake's because it's something very rarely seen.  As soon as I saw the Snow Flurry die in the Holiday Catalogue I knew that it was on my MUST have wish list.

The card we made was a CASE from a class I went to in Vancouver with the very talented Kari Metzger.  As we didn't have snowflake dies or punches I had no way to recreate this card for a class.  Check out Kari's original card below.  I couldn't find the right post on her blog with pictures so I took a photo of the one I made at her class.



It's such a gorgeous card and inside it's a pop up card too, you can't quite make out all the inner workings but it's still pretty.  If you like Kari's style check out her blog at The Stampin' Grounds.




So now that you've seen my inspiration here is the card that we made at the Catty Launch.



Project Recipe:
Stamps: Tiny Tags
Ink:  Early Espresso
Card: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, Very Vanilla
Big Shot etc: Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder, Snow Flurry Die
Punches: Jewellery Tag
Accessories: Stampin' Pierce Mat, Piercing Tool, Sponge Dauber, Vintage Trinkets, Crumb Cake Scallop Tulle Ribbon, Dimensionals.



No comments:

Post a Comment